Hi! I’m Michiel 👋 My official name has a very Dutch pronunciation, so feel free to call me Michael or Mike.
When I get the chance, I like to slap together Go/Python/Shell code for automating my home and other types of fun. I release my own code on Codeberg, but you can also find me on GitHub and GitLab, primarily for (professional) contributions and forking other people’s code.
I currently work at Cloudflare as a pre-sales Solutions Engineer. I thoroughly enjoy learning about new technologies, products, and features, getting to the core of what they will enable you to do, and then translating that into valuable solutions to customers' challenges.
You may also remember me from any of my previous positions:
- Technical Solutions Architect on 5G xHaul @ Cisco
- Systems Engineer for SP Market @ Cisco
- Network Engineer @ AMS-IX
Visit my LinkedIn profile or reach out directly to receive an up-to-date CV, if you are interested in learning more.
- Systems & Network Engineering MSc @ OS3 / UvA. Research Project and Final Thesis: Architecture of Dynamic VPNs in OpenFlow at UvA / TNO.
- Network Infrastructure Design BASc @ Hogeschool Zuyd
Apart from toying around with code and any new tech, I enjoy:
- Reading (find me on GoodReads!)
- Watching anime or more mainstream series
- Dusting off my foldable racing chair and putting in some laps in Gran Turismo
- Writing: contributing to documentation and here on this blog
- Running (or at least I used to)